5 of Brisbane's Best Parks to Capture Your Next Family Portrait
Residents of Brisbane are fortunate that they live in a very green city. It is a city full of open spaces and parks that are fantastic for families. There are hundreds of parks in Brisbane, and these parks make ideal spots to take a family portrait in. Here is a guide to five of the most beautiful parks in Brisbane that you can use as the setting for your next family portrait.
1. Roma Street ParklandThis is perhaps the most elegant park in Brisbane. There are lots of manicured lawns and hedges that you can use as the backdrop for a family portrait. There are fountains, artworks and statures that can be incorporated into the composition of your portrait as well. There are also lots of flowers planted in Roma Street Parkland that add a lot of beauty to the surroundings.
2. Sandgate ForeshoreThough this is not the typical city park that is full of grass, Sandgate Foreshore still makes a pretty setting for families to get their portraits taken in. This is a long stretch of beautiful beach that offers lots of nice locations to use to take a picture. Because there is so much to explore at Sandgate Foreshore, it pays to scout out the best portrait locations beforehand. After you are done with the portrait, you family can enjoy an ice cream at one of the many stands along the beach.
3. Mount Coot-tha Botanic GardensThough there are lots of beautiful parks in Brisbane, none of them have as much variety in plant life as this place does. Visitors to Mount Coot-tha Botanic Gardens will be amazed at all the different settings they will find for pictures. There are cactus gardens, flower gardens, beautifully sculpted hedges, lush lawns and much more. This is perhaps the most popular setting in the city for group portraits and wedding pictures. It makes an ideal spot for your family to get their portrait taken with multiple backgrounds. Try to go on a weekday to avoid the large weekend crowds that can make it difficult to find a quiet setting to take a portrait.
4. New Farm PrankThis gorgeous park in the heart of Brisbane has two kinds of plants that make it a big attraction for pictures. There is a fig tree garden that makes for a unique setting to get your family portrait taken in. New Farm Park is also home to a huge rose garden that is one of the most beautiful settings imaginable to get a picture taken in.
5. Kangaroo PointThere are an abundance of beautiful outdoor shots that you can capture as the backdrop for your family portrait at Kangaroo Point. This park is located right in the heart of the city, which means that you can incorporate the downtown skyscrapers into your portrait. There are also plenty of trees, grass and flowers for a more traditional park portrait shot. There is also a nice beach along the river that is a great spot to make a family portrait.
If you’re looking for a local professional who knows their way around and specialises in family photography, check out Kiss Photography in Brisbane.
Author Bio: Joanna is a Brisbane resident currently studying photography herself, she writes blogs to inspire other beginner photographers. Other interests include shopping, travelling and hanging out with friends.