Posts

Showing posts with the label fireplaces safety tips

6 Simple Ways to Save Money at Home

Image
  With the economy being what it is, people are more conscious about their expenses. The last thing you want to be doing is spending money on things that are not essential. There are simple ways to save money at home, which can cut down your bills significantly. Use energy-efficient appliances If possible, buy energy-efficient appliances such as washing machines and dryers that have lower water and energy consumption levels. These will help save energy and thus money over time because they consume less electricity than their non-efficient counterparts do. Consider replacing your old refrigerator with an energy-efficient refrigerator. You may not be aware of the fact that your fridge is one of the biggest consumers of power in your home. An inefficient refrigerator can use up to 300 kWh per year, which is more than 10% of the total household energy bill. So, it is important to get an efficient one that uses less electricity and saves you money on your electricity bill. Use en

Protect your kids from fireplace dangers

Image
Although a fireplace is more an aesthetic structure in modern homes with central heating, it can still be a common necessity for homeowners living in places with cold weather. More often, it’s used as the focal point in the home where families and friends sit around during a cold day. Many home owners opt for a marble fireplace as its elegance easily blends with most settings. But for homes with small children, fireplaces pose many potential dangers. a marble fireplace Help safeguard your children around a fireplace by considering these safety tips. Educate your children that the fireplace is not a toy. Inform them that they can get hurt, injured or burned by playing with it. As much as possible make the fireplace area a child-free room. Install safety barriers around the fireplace, use a metal mesh screen if your fireplace doesn’t have a glass door. Fireplace tools should be kept out of children’s reach. If you have a traditional fireplace, don’t let your chil