I learned all my cleaning techniques from my mom. She taught us, my three other sisters and I how to do house chores and inculcated to us that we should always keep our home clean and tidy. She is very meticulous when it comes to cleanliness, that’s why we call her the cleaning expert and her influence made me an OC too
Here are several tips to keep your home clean and tidy.
- Put mats by the front and back doors to prevent dirt from being tracked in
- Disinfect the telephone daily by swabbing it with cotton dip in alcohol
- Sanitize doorknobs with an anti-germicidal spray or disinfectant sprays like Lysol.
- Always straighten the shower curtain and keep the bathroom floor and all surfaces dry to prevent molds.
- Immediately clean the stove after cooking.
- Set a small box for remote controls in the living room.
- Place magazines and newspapers on a magazine rack to avoid clutter.
- Launder curtains at least twice a month
- Vacuum carpets on a regular basis
- Schedule cleaning of the windows weekly or every other week
- Keep the kitchen sink free from dirty dishes.
- Have trash bins covered
Keeping things clean and in order will make your home germ-free, tidy and clutter-free.