Homemaking is not only cleaning the house, doing the laundry, cooking healthy foods for the family and taking care of children. A homemaker also sees to it that the home is safe and running smoothly. Learning and knowing simple DIY (do-it-yourself) home repairs is an advantage.
Knowledge on how to perform some of the simple fixes will give you a lot of savings. Moreover, you can get the work done on your schedule. It will keep your costs down compared to hiring a professional contractor.
It is important to have a home toolbox that will aid you in making occasional repairs. Basic and important tools like a hammer, set of different nail and screw sizes, a wrench, screw drivers and pliers for a start will do. As you can save in the long run, you can buy more tools to complete your toolbox.
Here are some fast fixes you can do yourself.
- Repairing untidy and grungy toilet grout.
- Fixing a leaking toilet bowl tank – when your toilet flushes just fine yet it doesn’t know when to quit then replacing the flapper can solve the problem.
- Fixing squeaking doors and loose door screws.
- Replacing a busted light bulb.
- Replacing a dripping faucet
- Clearing and unplugging clogged toiletand sinks