“This is the start to enable my dreams Mom” – the words my eldest son uttered to me right after his graduation on his BS Information Technology college degree four years ago and just right after graduation he was able to get employment. I can’t help smiling seeing his hard work and determination to pursue his goals and endeavors.
It is a fact of homeschooling that mothers will ultimately suffer from homeschool burnout. This usually occurs when homeschool moms take on too many activities at once or they want their daily schedules to go smoothly.
However, nothing is really perfect in real life. Unless a homeschooling Mom learns to pace herself the same way as his/her child when he/she studies, she is highly likely to burn herself out and end up with a number of emotional disorders including anger management problems and depression.
A white collar profession requires formal outfits especially when attending business meetings, social events and important occasions. Men usually have less accessories worn compared to women. Cufflinks, aside from a watch are referred to as one of the formal jewelries generally worn by men with their formal shirts. These buttons are intended for use with shirts which have buttonholes on both sides that usually have no buttons to fasten.
|photo credits: Gift4him.com|
|photo credits: 123rf.com|
Cufflinks are one of the best presents to give on occasions like birthdays that would be gladly appreciated aside from the latest gadgets. It would be a great souvenir too which can be used time and time again. One of the sites that offer a vast selection of these studs is Gift4him.com. The father, being the pillar of the house deserves the best and lasting gift. Wearing a decorative fastener on his formal shirt will truly do make the suit. It is a fashion accessory for a trendy or classic look that adds elegance and completes a man’s formal outfit.
As for my husband and eldest son, cufflinks are a must-have for a formal suit is incomplete without it.
Nowadays, with the advent of the Internet and other technological innovations, productivity that is not cost-efficient is definitely not efficient. In business, or life in general, the saving game is for keeps. The economy is in a constant boom and bust. The only way to survive is to cut down on costs where possible. Along those same lines, here are three online services that can help you do just that:
Posted by Joy on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 with
|photo from the web|
One of the reasons why school children hate school days is because of their homeworks. As most often they come home tired for they already spent the whole day studying in school. How to motivate them and bring them on to enjoy studying is not an easy task.
My youngest son who is already on grade 7, still has mood swings - tantrums and stubbornness being an ADHD kid yet through proper motivation, attention and perseverance I can handle his different dispositions. It is difficult but having a lot of patience do wonders.
These home assignments are tasks given to students/pupils by their teachers outside of class and frequently may include researching, reading, writing or building a school project. I will share you my simple yet effective tips on how to motivate your child/children do their homework without a battle.
· Let them rest for a while after school, encourage a short talk with them. Listen with interest to their stories on what has transpired during the day.
· Prepare good nutritious food; definitely they are hungry upon arriving from school. Kids on puberty and teen stage have a big appetite to eat time and again. It is important for them to have a full stomach before they proceed on doing their homework
· Set a regular time and place for them to study to develop a habitual routine.
· Provide them with complete school supplies such as pencils, ballpen, markers, rulers, colored papers, bond papers, crayons, watercolor, glue, etc. I always make sure I have a stock of what he might need for making his artworks and projects.
· Additional study resources and reference materials are important too, like dictionaries, thesaurus, encyclopedias, English handbooks and the internet.
· Guiding and tutoring them provides us an opportunity to participate in their education. Nevertheless do not make the work for him.
· Have his study area away from the television or turn off the radio which could divert his attention.
· Once he is engaged and serious in doing his assignments refrain from distracting his thoughts and concentration.
Assignments or homeworks are intended to increase the knowledge and enhance the abilities and skills of the pupils/students. Completing them successfully can help children build up wholesome habits and attitudes.
Leg cramps are a common complaint during the cold weather, as the nippy climate can bring about onset of muscle and joint pains. We can minimize leg pain wearing fine and ultra soft wool tights. Tights made of wool are preferred over other choices due to its first-rate quality, natural insulating, resiliency and elastic qualities. It keeps moisture away from your skin due to its breathability, perfect choice for people having sensitive skin.
Sporting a stretchy leg wear under dresses, skirts or jumpers can provide a sleek and fashionable look aside from the leg protection it brings. Alex blake store suggests premium quality wool tights at affordable prices. Consumers can take a pick on their wool tights collection in different brands.
Legs wear like wool tights bring not only warmth and protection but also a perfect fashion accessory.
Posted by Joy on Monday, June 18, 2012 with
Improper use and carrying heavy backpacks is the leading cause of developing bad posture. Curvature of the spine, muscle spasms, uneven shoulder, shoulder blades and hips, pinched nerves that lead to shoulder, neck and back problems in school children which they may carry into adulthood.
Initial signs of carrying a backpack poorly are:
- Pain when carrying the backpack.
- Red blotch on the shoulders.
- Numbness or tingling on shoulders and arms.
Here are basic tips on how to select the right backpack
- Do not choose backpacks which are too big for your kid’s body size. It should fit between the shoulder blade and top of the waist.
- To ensure that the weight is distributed to the hips and away from the back, it is important to choose a backpack with a waist and chest belt.
- Look for ergonomic designs like backpacks with shoulder padding that makes a comfortable and easier wear. Shoulder paddings will prevent straps from digging in the shoulder.
- Backpack with multiple compartments is a best buy for better organization and proper weight distribution.
It is also crucial for children to know how to carry a backpack the proper way. Carrying it using both shoulder straps by lifting it properly, bend the knees, use both hands then lift it with the legs and not the back then strap onto shoulders.
Spend a moment with your kids to teach and demonstrate the proper use and packing of their backpacks. Prevention is the key to avoid a bad back.
Posted by Joy on Friday, June 15, 2012 with
Are you tired of going off to work commuting daily, fed up with the long wait for a bus to pass before you can get to your destination because the bus bring to halt in every bus stop or dreams to pass up the long lines in light rail transit in the morning? Buying your own vehicle is a great idea that could ease up your predicaments. It can serve multi-purpose for you and your family as well.
If you consider buying a pre-owned vehicle because you are on a tight budget, you can still get your preferred car by shelving out only what you can afford and can choose at used cars St George. You can purchase a second hand car for less than or half the price of an average brand new car that is already loaded with more features. According to a consumer report study, choosing a three-year-old car instead of a brand new can save you a lot of money over the first five years. The money saved could be enough to pay for all of your fuel needs during the time span.
As the pre-owned car market’s been booming up lately. Here are some important aspects to consider helping you in buying used cars.
- Bring a friend or a car mechanic to inspect the car of your choice. It is recommended to examine and look over in broad daylight.
- Opt for 3 year old cars, as much as possible do not buy a vehicle that is older than 5 years as it will diminish its outstanding value in case you want to resale it.
- Know how many owners does the car previously had, the more holders the lesser its value.
- Decide on buying a popular model, as its features are superior among others.
- Do not be misled by its odometer readings. Mileage settings can be reset anytime
- Transact only with reliable used car dealers with good reputation and market history. Make some researching before you pay.
Father’s Day is already on Sunday, June 17, 2012 which is only three days from now and yet I have not been able to find the finest gift for my husband and my Dad that will fit my budget. Until last night I keep on searching and browsing online stores that offer gift vouchers till I found CouponShack, an online coupon site wherein best deals are offered for all occasion presents. It is a one stop shop wherein consumers can get the best buys on their favorite stores, brands and products.
Posted by Joy on Monday, June 11, 2012 with
One of the reasons why a kid loses enthusiasm in going to school is because he is being bullied by a classmate or a schoolmate or even harassed by the teacher. Bullying is a habitual behavior which can include physical and verbal harassment which is done repeatedly towards particular victims.
Bullying is also one of the common problems in most schools nationwide, The Department of Education together with the civil society groups, teachers' groups, private and public school representatives, international agencies, and child protection advocates has launched the child protection policies and guidelines to safeguard and encourage less or moreover, zero tolerance on any act of child abuse, exploitation, violence, harassment, discrimination, bullying, and other forms of abuse in school
Posted by Joy on Monday, June 11, 2012 with
The modern technology has come up with an alternative energy provider through the use of the solar power. Energy coming from the sun is converted into electrical energy for home and industrial/commercial usage. The device used to convert energy contained within the sun’s rays into electricity is called a solar panel or solar cells.
12 years has passed by so swiftly, my youngest son – Yahmir, is turning thirteen this August. The beginning of his teenage years and this school year he is entering the junior high school being a grade 7.
Posted by Joy on Monday, June 04, 2012 with
If you’re thinking of building a new house or planning for a general home improvement, home’s outdoor spaces like the patio, the driveway and walkways should not be left behind. Outdoor floorings add charm and character to our home as it creates and enhances warmth and a perfect ambiance for family’s important gatherings, occasions and events.
Posted by Joy on Sunday, June 03, 2012 with
We mothers ensure to prepare and serve healthy foods on the table for our family to sustain basic needs like calcium, iron, Vitamin A, C, magnesium, and more. Nevertheless, no matter how much effort we make, still our family members cannot fully meet the daily dietary requirements due to the following reasons:
Notepad Blogger Design by blankPixels | Original CSS layout by Gisele