|photo from the web|
One of the reasons why school children hate school days is because of their homeworks. As most often they come home tired for they already spent the whole day studying in school. How to motivate them and bring them on to enjoy studying is not an easy task.
My youngest son who is already on grade 7, still has mood swings - tantrums and stubbornness being an ADHD kid yet through proper motivation, attention and perseverance I can handle his different dispositions. It is difficult but having a lot of patience do wonders.
These home assignments are tasks given to students/pupils by their teachers outside of class and frequently may include researching, reading, writing or building a school project. I will share you my simple yet effective tips on how to motivate your child/children do their homework without a battle.
· Let them rest for a while after school, encourage a short talk with them. Listen with interest to their stories on what has transpired during the day.
· Prepare good nutritious food; definitely they are hungry upon arriving from school. Kids on puberty and teen stage have a big appetite to eat time and again. It is important for them to have a full stomach before they proceed on doing their homework
· Set a regular time and place for them to study to develop a habitual routine.
· Provide them with complete school supplies such as pencils, ballpen, markers, rulers, colored papers, bond papers, crayons, watercolor, glue, etc. I always make sure I have a stock of what he might need for making his artworks and projects.
· Additional study resources and reference materials are important too, like dictionaries, thesaurus, encyclopedias, English handbooks and the internet.
· Guiding and tutoring them provides us an opportunity to participate in their education. Nevertheless do not make the work for him.
· Have his study area away from the television or turn off the radio which could divert his attention.
· Once he is engaged and serious in doing his assignments refrain from distracting his thoughts and concentration.
Assignments or homeworks are intended to increase the knowledge and enhance the abilities and skills of the pupils/students. Completing them successfully can help children build up wholesome habits and attitudes.