We can teach our kids the proper table manners in their toddler stage, or by the time they are already eating meals with the family. Habits are formed early in life. They control many of our actions. Such habits will be carried out wherever you are.
Proper Table Manners are as follows:
- Go promptly to the table clean and neat.
- Sit properly and wait until served.
- Ask politely for things on the table to be passed. “Please pass the rice or May I have some”
- Use the table napkin properly.
- Say grace before and after eating.
- Talk of pleasant topics while at the table.
- Father being the head of the family is at the head of the table.
- Keep elbows off the table.
- Eat slowly and chew food thoroughly without smacking the lips.
- Rinse the mouth or brush your teeth after having left the table.
- We should pick our teeth after having left the table.
- Leave the table after everybody is through. If you have to leave the table before everyone is through, ask to be excused.
- We should not leave the table with food in our mouth.
- Take only the amount of food you can consume.