If you’re having a baby or a toddler, it is best recommended to child-proof your homes to keep them always safe and away from unwanted accidents.
The smallest person in the house can occupy the most space and can create the most chaotic mess, lol. So in order for us and our child’s toys live happily ever after, we have to think of an organized clean up strategy.
These tips will help make your clean-ups easier and faster
- Position the crib away from the window.
- Pull electrical cords away from the crib
- Install window guards, window grills are very important, especially if the bedroom is at the second floor of your house.
- Place edge or corner guards/bumpers for tables or chairs. Before, I used the easy stick on rubberized end or corner guards.
- Re-position your make-up kit, perfumes etc. on a higher shelf of your dresser
- Use a large bin or plastic container for his frequently played toys
- Use floor rubber mats to areas where your kid play most of the time
- Install safety locks on low cabinet doors
- Keep toxic products (like cleansers or decloggers) on a high shelf or in a cabinet locked.
- Medicine cabinets should also be installed with a lock
- Keep bathroom floors dry to prevent the incident of slipping
- Buy or do it yourself protective appliance knob covers, especially for stoves.
- Attach a safety lock on any drawer that contains knives, scissors or any sharp utensils
- Place anti-slip rubber mats near sinks.
- Unplug Microwave Ovens, Automatic Thermos, and other Kitchen appliances when not in use
- Cover unused electrical outlets
- Place corner and edge bumpers on tables and low shelves
- Use doorstops
- Secure the appliance cords