Being a stay at home Mom is not an easy task. There are times when I am also so much stressed out because I am too much of a worrier, particularly when there are things that needs repair or replacement in the household, like to look for a plumber to fix a leaking water pipe, or a carpenter to fix the leaking roof are only some of the major house problems that needs immediate attention. Housekeeping, for me is a vocation, an occupation wherein I do not have a monetary remuneration J, yet I also enjoy especially when all things are doing well with my home and family. Keeping my home clean and tidy makes it beautiful and pleasing, which gives me a feeling of peace and contentment.
Even if I am busy helping my house help with the routine house chores and tending to my children’s daily needs (cooking and preparing their “baon”), I still find time to pamper myself in my own special ways. Let me share to you how I do it:
· Our bathroom is not equipped with a bath tub, so I improvised by using a supersized basin wherein I enjoy my bubble bath. Usually, I took long baths twice a week.
· Once a month, I go to a salon to have my hair trimmed, dyed or treated.
· During weekends, we schedule malling. My husband is always telling my kids that malling is my cure if I am mad headed (lol). Anyway, it makes wonder in my case, just simply strolling or doing the grocery changes my mood from heavy to light.
· I am a reader, I take time out to read books and novels. I normally don’t buy books from the book stores, I enjoy buying books from book sale, in this way I could buy 2-3 books in a fair low price. Or I read downloaded ebooks either in my notebook, or cell phone.
· I also socialize via social networking sites, in such manner I can still be in touch with my friends and relatives.
· Long weekend calls for a one-day movie marathon, either watching it with my husband or together with the kids
There are still a lot of means on how to pamper oneself in an enjoyable yet simple and inexpensive way, stop worrying for a while, pamper yourself too!